Kindergarten Worksheets > Alphabet Parade > Letter N
These worksheets are designed to introduce your child to the letter N. Beginning with the first worksheet in the collection, the worksheets progress from beginning (identifying the letter) to intermediate (identifying words that begin with the letter N sound) to complex (learning to write the letter N).
N - Coloring
N - Scramble
N - Letter in Word
N - Sound in Picture
N - Tracing
n - Tracing
Activity suggestions to supplement the Letter N alphabet worksheets
- Give your child an old bottle of brightly colored nail polish and a sheet of white paper. Ask him to practice writing the letter N using the nail polish and nail polish brush and explain how the word nail begins with the letter N.
- Give your child a list of possible activities and have him respond “Now” or “Not now” to each one. For example, “Should we go swimming?” “Now now, it’s December!”
- Look at a newspaper with your child, explaining that the word newspaper begins with the letter N. Give him a marker and ask him to circle each letter N or n that he finds. Cut out the words and let your child paste them onto a blank sheet to create his own “newspaper.”
- Make a shopping list for your next grocery trip, writing the entire sentence, “I need ____.” As you shop, ask your child to look at each item on the list, paying special attention to the letter n in the word “need.”
Tips for using the Letter N tracing letters worksheets
- Remind your child to begin writing the uppercase letter N with his pencil at the top of the page. After making the first straight line, direct your child to pick up his pencil and draw the remaining two lines in one stroke.
- The lowercase letter n is formed in one stroke. After your child draws the first straight line, direct him to keep his pencil in place and, without lifting it, draw one mountain or hill next to the straight line he already drew.