Kindergarten Worksheets > Alphabet Parade > Letter M
These worksheets are designed to introduce your child to the letter M. Beginning with the first worksheet in the collection, the worksheets progress from beginning (identifying the letter) to intermediate (identifying words that begin with the letter M sound) to complex (learning to write the letter M).
M - Coloring
M - Scramble
M - Letter in Word
M - Sound in Picture
M - Tracing
m - Tracing
Activity suggestions to supplement the Letter M alphabet worksheets
- Ask your child to look in your cupboard or refrigerator for food packages that have names that include the letter M, such as Mini-Wheat cereal, muffin mix or mustard. Challenge your child to find 5 uppercase letters and 5 lowercase letters.
- Celebrate Mondays with a dinner that has foods that begin with the M sound. Serve foods such as meatballs, macaroni, mushrooms and mashed potatoes. Serve mini-marshmallows or muffins for dessert!
- Read a book such as “Mouse Mess by Linnea Riley” or “My Monster Mama Loves Me So” by Laura Leuck that emphasizes the M sound. Ask your child to point to the words on each page that begin with M.
- Play music with a steady beat and ask your child to march around the house. As he marches, have him call out words that start with the sound of the letter M.
Tips for using the Letter M tracing letters worksheets
- The uppercase letter M has 4 segments but only takes 2 strokes. After your child draws the first downwards line, remind him to move his pencil back to the top of that line and then not pick it up again until the letter is complete.
- The lowercase letter m is the double mountain letter. Direct your child to complete the letter without lifting his pencil by drawing one straight line then drawing two mountains next to each other.