Kindergarten Worksheets > Alphabet Parade > Letter D
These worksheets are designed to introduce your child to the letter D. Beginning with the first worksheet in the collection, the worksheets progress from beginning (identifying the letter) to intermediate (identifying words that begin with the letter D sound) to complex (learning to write the letter D).
D - Coloring
D - Scramble
D - Letter in Word
D - Sound in Picture
D - Tracing
d - Tracing
Activity suggestions to supplement the Letter D alphabet worksheets
- Read “Harry the Dirty Dog” by Gene Zion and ask your child to point to each word he sees that begins with letters D or d. Then reread the book and encourage him to call out any words he remembers that start with the letters D or d.
- Cut pictures out of magazines, many of which start with the sound made by the letter D. Put these pictures in a paper bag to play a game called “Dig for D Words!” Ask your child to “dig” into the bag and pull out one picture each time. If the picture begins with the sound made by the letter D, he can paste it on a special “D” page.
- Create a word matching game by writing words that begin with the letters D or d on index cards. Write each word on two cards. Place one set of cards in front of your child. Hand him the second set and ask him to match the words in his hand to the words on the table in front of him.
- As you walk through the grocery store, challenge your child to find 5 foods that start with the sound made by the letter D. Maybe he will spy deodorant, detergent, doughnuts or daffodils.
Tips for using the Letter D tracing letters worksheets
- Writing the uppercase letter D requires one straight line and one big curve. After drawing the vertical line, direct your child to pick up the pencil and draw one big curve from the top of the line to the bottom of the line.
- The key to a lowercase letter d is writing it without lifting the pencil. After drawing the loop, direct your child to continue drawing to the top line before changing direction and drawing a straight line back to the bottom.