Wonderful Educational Resources
The internet is full of wonderful blogs and websites devoted to early childhood education topics. This list contains all the websites that my friends and I turn to for suggestions of activities to try with our own children and grandchildren as well as for inspiration on what topics parents today are discussing.
I hope you will visit these sites and enjoy them as much as I do. I will be updating this page regularly as I discover new websites with fantastic content. And if you have or know about a wonderful site devoted to early childhood education, please email me!
- Kid Info - This amazing homework helper site saves visitors time by providing for FREE (in one website directory) a collection of the best links to preschool and K-12 educational websites, videos, and powerpoints. Kid Info can easily become your first stop for homework help, teacher lesson plans, parenting tips, and challenging and informative educational game websites.
- Cindy’s Autistic Support - Cindy is a teacher and amazing advocate for helping children with autism develop important language and communication skills, social skills, self-help skills and academic skills. Her website is filled with amazing information, resources, lesson plans and activity suggestions and is a must-visit site for parents, friends, caregivers or teachers of children with autism.
- 365 Great Children’s Books - This website is created by a mother of two who has devoted 2011 to reading with her children! Each day she posts about a different and amazing children’s book, including a thorough discussion of exactly why the book is perfect for young children. If you are ever looking to add to your child’s library, this is a one-stop destination for enough ideas to keep you busy for all 365 days of the year.
- Teacher Tom - Tom is an unabashed male preschool teacher with limitless enthusiasm for bringing out the best in his young students. He posts wonderfully written discussions of activities he and his students do, and each post is filled with pictures that, as the saying goes, are worth a thousand words. He posts so frequently you may start to wonder how he has time to actually go to work and teach. You’ll soon realize, as his profile picture suggests, he is a modern day (preschool) superman.
- Pastiche’s Back To School Printables - Are you looking for a way to get your child excited about school? These “back to school” printables by Pastiche (aka Lee Hansen) are sure to do the trick! While you’re at it, consider visiting Lee’s other website, www.leehansen.com, where she showcases all of her amazing clip art creations. Many of her graphics are totally free for non-commercial use and are creative enough that they may inspire you to create your own worksheets or “picture schedules” for your kids.
- The Classroom - This site bills itself as a one-stop educational resource… and it is! With information on primary and secondary schools, including topics like financial aid and college guidance, this site has it all.
- Teacher websites - This webpage has a collection of links to outstanding websites created by teachers with valuable information and insights “from the trenches” of a classroom.
- Homeschool.com - This website is the #1 resource for homeschooling families. The site offers lesson plans for all age groups, online support forums for parents, and tips for how to get started homeschooling your children. For those interested in homeschooling, this site is a one-stop destination for all the guidance and information you will need.